Wow! I cannot believe it's been a year since we've welcomed this amazing boy into our lives! This past year has been THE best year of our lives. Dietrich is such an awesome little kiddo and makes us smile every day. We had a small celebration for Dietrich's birthday even though we were all a little under the weather. I spent several hours on a Pablo cake that was destroyed in several seconds, but isn't that what it's all about?!? He wasn't feeling too hot so he didn't get down on the cake like I visioned happening, but he has many more years of sugar consumption ahead of him! He got some really neat things from his grandparents and Aunt Kelly and Uncle Jon...including a Backyardigans couch and cool bulldozer utensils. He looks so big sitting on his couch and I can't wait to teach him how to use the utensils! Here are some things he's been doing:
He MOO's like a cow when you ask him what a cow says or if he sees a picture of a cow.
He's trying to cluck like a turkey.
He blows kisses...sort of! :)
If you ask him 'How big is Dietrich?', he raises his arms up in the air and we all say 'SO big'
He's not walking yet, but he's getting much more comfortable letting go of things when he's standing up. Actually, on Christmas day, he let go of the coffee table and took 2 steps to Jacob's chair! But that's been about it in the walking catagory.
Well, that's all for now. I'll be posting some more pics of Christmas and his 12 month photo, but here are some birthday shots to enjoy.

The Pablo cake...not quite the talent of The Cake Boss, but not bad..if I do say so myself!
Diggin' into the cake.
SO big!!
Hangin' out on his Backyardigans couch with his football!!
No comments:
Post a Comment