Thursday, December 4, 2008

4 weeks, 4 days, 13 hours, and 26 minutes!!

Okay, not that I'm counting down or anything, but the title of this blog is how long we have until D-day!!! I realize that it could be longer (or shorter...eh, scary), but I just cannot believe how fast the past 35 weeks have gone by! When we got the positive pregnancy test reading on April 29th, I looked ahead and thought the road was going to be very long and that January would NEVER get here. I'm amazed at how fast and easy things have been! I thank God every day that this has been probably one of the easiest pregnancies known to man (or WOman!!). However, I would have welcomed anything He would have thrown at me just knowing that at the end of this we would have our beautiful baby. I start seeing the doctor every week now (YIKES)! I made all of my appointments today and when you put it down on paper like that, it seems REALLY soon!! I'm TOTALLY excited and COMPLETELY freaking out at the same time..but loving every minute of it! :) Jacob and I start our classes this weekend so we have an inclination of what to do once this precious baby gets here. I'm looking forward to that since it's been awhile since I've taken care of a teeny tiny baby!
We're also trying to get ourselves into the holiday spirit, but it's been a little hard since we're not putting up our big tree and won't be able to travel to see extended family this year. I put up the 4 foot tree Tuesday and the mantel decorations and it's starting to feel a little more like Christmas. It's just going to be a little different this year compared to years past. We did have a great Thanksgiving visiting extended family in Bloomington...and I only gained a pound!! :) I hope everyone was able to spend time with family and/or friends this Thanksgiving and your post-turkey days have been fabulous! I'll be posting pictures of the growing belly in a couple days! Have a great rest of the week!

No comments: