Monday, December 29, 2008

The final countdown!

Well, it's hard to believe it, but Baby P is almost here! The past week or so has been pretty interesting and I thought this little one was going to be here sooner than expected. At my appointment on the 22nd, my BP was higher than normal and I had more protein in my urine (yeah, TMI, I know) than before. So, he was a little concerned and wanted to see me again on the 24th. BP and protein were still higher than normal or higher than he would have liked and wanted me back first thing Monday morning. He said if things were still the same, he would more than likely want to induce me. Well, I was completely freaked out! I know this baby's going to come out sooner or later, but I sort of wasn't planning on it coming that soon!! I've been feeling really good and am not to the point where I WANT THIS KID OUTTA ME. So, at the appointment this morning, my protein was just a trace and I had lost a couple pounds (so I wasn't retaining fluid). BP was still a touch high, but not so high that he felt like he needed to get the ball rolling (big sigh of relief). So, now it's just a waiting game. Next appointment is January 6th (due date), so we'll see how things go between now and then!
Hope everyone had a great Christmas and may 2009 bring much happiness and joy! Until next time!!

No comments: