Dietrich Edwin Payne was born on January 3, 2009 at 1:51 AM. Labor started at 1:30 AM on January 2nd. It was enough for me to get up and start walking around the house at 2:30 AM. And then enough for me to wake up Jake at 6 AM. I told him that he could go to work if he wanted, but I felt like something was going on so he may want to stay home. Things stayed very constant through out the day and I went into the doctor at 1:30 PM. He checked me and said that he didn't think I needed to go to the hospital then, but I was in early labor. He said to go home and wait it out as long as I could. We went home and I waited until 4:30 PM. We got to the hospital around 5 PM and I was 5 cm. We hung around for a bit waiting to get all the paperwork and blood work going when I started to feel like the contractions were getting even stronger and I could probably go for an epidural. They were waiting for the blood work to come back before they could do that, so we just sat around and breathed! Checked again around 7 before the epidural was in and I was 8 cm!! Finally, with the epidural in I felt like I could take a little breather. I'd been at it since 1:30 AM and I was a little tired. Come 10:15 PM, it was time to start pushing. After 3 and a half hours of pushing, the decision was made to use a little assistance to get this baby out. He was stuck in my pelvis and that was what was making it so tough for me to get him out! I tell you, that's the hardest I've ever worked in my whole life and I think Jake could go the rest of his life without having to count to 10 ever again!! So, at 1:51 AM on January 3, 2009, our precious miracle baby boy was born. He weighed 7 lbs. and 5 oz and was 20.5 inches long. He's doing beautifully and we couldn't be more in love with him! Once we get the hang of things, I'll be posting more, but until then, that's all for now.
Monday, January 12, 2009
HE'S HERE
My sister has been on me to update this and I've been meaning to do it for quite some time....I just underestimated how low on the priority list updating the blog would be once Baby P got here. I have a few free minutes, so I do believe it's time to do a quick update.
Dietrich Edwin Payne was born on January 3, 2009 at 1:51 AM. Labor started at 1:30 AM on January 2nd. It was enough for me to get up and start walking around the house at 2:30 AM. And then enough for me to wake up Jake at 6 AM. I told him that he could go to work if he wanted, but I felt like something was going on so he may want to stay home. Things stayed very constant through out the day and I went into the doctor at 1:30 PM. He checked me and said that he didn't think I needed to go to the hospital then, but I was in early labor. He said to go home and wait it out as long as I could. We went home and I waited until 4:30 PM. We got to the hospital around 5 PM and I was 5 cm. We hung around for a bit waiting to get all the paperwork and blood work going when I started to feel like the contractions were getting even stronger and I could probably go for an epidural. They were waiting for the blood work to come back before they could do that, so we just sat around and breathed! Checked again around 7 before the epidural was in and I was 8 cm!! Finally, with the epidural in I felt like I could take a little breather. I'd been at it since 1:30 AM and I was a little tired. Come 10:15 PM, it was time to start pushing. After 3 and a half hours of pushing, the decision was made to use a little assistance to get this baby out. He was stuck in my pelvis and that was what was making it so tough for me to get him out! I tell you, that's the hardest I've ever worked in my whole life and I think Jake could go the rest of his life without having to count to 10 ever again!! So, at 1:51 AM on January 3, 2009, our precious miracle baby boy was born. He weighed 7 lbs. and 5 oz and was 20.5 inches long. He's doing beautifully and we couldn't be more in love with him! Once we get the hang of things, I'll be posting more, but until then, that's all for now.

Dietrich Edwin Payne was born on January 3, 2009 at 1:51 AM. Labor started at 1:30 AM on January 2nd. It was enough for me to get up and start walking around the house at 2:30 AM. And then enough for me to wake up Jake at 6 AM. I told him that he could go to work if he wanted, but I felt like something was going on so he may want to stay home. Things stayed very constant through out the day and I went into the doctor at 1:30 PM. He checked me and said that he didn't think I needed to go to the hospital then, but I was in early labor. He said to go home and wait it out as long as I could. We went home and I waited until 4:30 PM. We got to the hospital around 5 PM and I was 5 cm. We hung around for a bit waiting to get all the paperwork and blood work going when I started to feel like the contractions were getting even stronger and I could probably go for an epidural. They were waiting for the blood work to come back before they could do that, so we just sat around and breathed! Checked again around 7 before the epidural was in and I was 8 cm!! Finally, with the epidural in I felt like I could take a little breather. I'd been at it since 1:30 AM and I was a little tired. Come 10:15 PM, it was time to start pushing. After 3 and a half hours of pushing, the decision was made to use a little assistance to get this baby out. He was stuck in my pelvis and that was what was making it so tough for me to get him out! I tell you, that's the hardest I've ever worked in my whole life and I think Jake could go the rest of his life without having to count to 10 ever again!! So, at 1:51 AM on January 3, 2009, our precious miracle baby boy was born. He weighed 7 lbs. and 5 oz and was 20.5 inches long. He's doing beautifully and we couldn't be more in love with him! Once we get the hang of things, I'll be posting more, but until then, that's all for now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
He's ADORABLE! That's quite a labor and delivery you had! Congrats...can't wait to meet him :)
What a beautiful a baby boy!! Congratulations to both of you!!! We look forward to meeting Dietrich on Sunday if the weather permits a trip north.
Thanks for the pictures...can't wait to see you!!!
Love,
Aunt Peg
Post a Comment