Thursday, April 30, 2009

Reflection

I wanted to type this last night, but SOMEHOW ran out of time! A year ago yesterday, I found out I was pregnant. For those of you who have had children, I'm sure you remember when you found out you were expecting a little bundle of joy. For Jacob and me, that day was one of the most amazing days of our lives. It was a day we had been praying for for 5 years! Looking back at all the hardships we'd been put through, I now know we were just making our marriage that much stronger. There were good days and really bad days, but we had each other to get through it and that made a world of difference. When one of us was down, the other one would pick us up. Now that Dietrich is here and has been a part of our lives for nearly 4 months, we couldn't be happier. He's such an amazing little boy and he brings so much joy to us.
With that being said, here's some new photos of the little man. He rolled over for the first time on Tuesday. He was on his belly and rolled himself over to his back (or fell...whatever!). It scared him at first but then starting doing it everytime I put him on his belly! He's working really hard at rolling over from his back to his belly but isn't quite there just yet.


Dietrich met his buddy, Cael, on the 22nd. Cael was born on the 12th of March. He's the son of our friends we tailgate with, Matt and Jenny. I can't wait to watch these boys grow up and enjoy Purdue football with us!!

I love putting Dieter's pants on his head when I'm changing him. He gets a kick out of it and I just think it looks funny!!

Dietrich playing with his toys in his Pack-n-Play!

Aunt Kelly and Dietrich doing what they do best!! :)

1 comment:

Sara and JC Trombley said...

That picture of Dieter and Kelly is adorable!!!