Monday, October 11, 2010

So much to blog, so little time!

I don't even know where to begin! It's been quite some time since I've sat down in front of our computer to do anything BUT pay bills. We've been VERY busy (to put it mildly) working on the farm house. We're SO blessed to have my dad's help and his knowledge! Dad, Dietrich and I have been going up to the farm house atleast 3 times during the week and then Jacob and mom (when she's not watching Dietrich) join us on the weekends. I have to say, we're quite the team! We decided it would be smartest to start at the back of the house (the rooms that need the least amount of work/remodeling) and work our way to the kitchen (the room that will need the most updating). So far, we have the master, baby's room, and Dietrich's room complete (except for new carpeting in Dietrich's room). The hallway and entry way have been painted and are waiting on new flooring. The biggest project that we've taken on is demoing the hallway bath down to the studs. We have the new drywall up & painted with new lights, tub, & tub surround in. We're hoping to get the trim, vanity, counter top, and toilet in this week so we have another functioning bathroom again. This has been another learning experience for Jacob and I. There are so many choices and decisions to make! We're so lucky to have help through this process...not only with the house, but with our parents willing to help watch Dietrich during our working weekends! It's taken a lot for me to surrender control, but I think I'm getting better. And Dietrich seems to just LOVE his time with his grandparents...probably because they let him get away with murder! :) Here are some quick new pictures.
The front of the house. Will post before/after pictures when we're finished
Dietrich's first accident at the farm house...tried to walk down the concrete steps like a big boy. He's lucky mom's so fast or it could have been a lot worse!
Sept. 18 We were given the opportunity to see a Purdue game. Dietrich seemed to really enjoy it!!
Silly boy reading some Lord of the Rings at the farm house.

No comments: