..but since I had one free day of not running up to the farm house to do work, I thought I would post a quick update. Obviously, things have continued to stay super busy. We have worked our way to the kitchen now and my dad is up there today spraying the cabinets. We both agreed it would be better if we didn't have Dietrich running around while we're trying to paint cabinets and to have the ability to let them dry without getting little fingerprints all over them. I'm very anxious to see how they turn out. It's great to be able to see your vision become a reality...and I just hope it looks as good as it does in my head!! At this point, the things we have left are much less than the things we have already done, which is a great feeling. We still need to order the counter top (doing that today), select dinning room & kitchen lighting (also doing that today), pick up kitchen sink (on the list for today) and faucet, hardware for cabinets, get laundry tub sink, and lay flooring. It sounds like a lot, but I see the light at the end of the tunnel and am getting very anxious to be finished!
Because of all the house madness, we have to keep reminding ourselves that we have another little person joining our family in 18ish weeks!! It shocks me every day! We had an ultrasound a few weeks ago and were unsure if we were going to find out what we were having until the hour of!! We agreed that we have WAY too many plates spinning and that finding out would help us prepare a little better..and help it become a little more real. SO, we found out we're having another little boy! We're thrilled...and would have been either way, but now I get to use some of those adorable outfits again! Our scanner isn't working or I'd include ultrasound pictures. He had his hands by his face most of the time, so we didn't get a good profile shot. And, we won't be announcing a name until he's here...just a weird thing I have about naming babies before they're born.
Among all our running to and from, we found a few hours to make a trip to a pumpkin patch in mid-October and will have to make that a tradition. We really enjoyed watching Dietrich run through the corn and pick out pumpkins. The boy LOVES being outdoors! Exploration Acres is a neat place!!
| Our little man in the corn maze |
The fam
Riding out to the pumpkin patch
Hanging out with our selected pumpkins
We've GOT to get a wagon...the kid loved it!
No comments:
Post a Comment