Friday, January 25, 2008

Brief update...

So, the ankle is doing better. I go back to the dr. on the 30th and hopefully she'll release me and I'll be back running in no time. It's just so funny because you think that if it looks normal, you should be able to do your normal stuff! And if you think that, you'd be wrong...very very wrong. This happened 2 weeks ago and I'm still in pain from time to time. But, I've been taking it easy and will be back in the gym on Monday...maybe not running just yet, but I'll be doing something! I feel like I've lost all the good I was doing and now I have to start all over again. That'll teach me to run in the club!!
Work for me has been....interesting, to say the least. All of the clubs are for sale, but they are so overpriced there won't be anyone interested in buying them. I have an owner that is completely out of touch with the real world and really has no business sense what-so-ever. I'm more frustrated right now than I ever have been in my professional career and I have no where to go. I've put my heart and soul into a place and the woman signing my paycheck couldn't care less about what I've sacrificed to be there. She is unwilling to help us cover a shift at any club which leaves the manager to fill in when needed. Like we don't have enough on our plate. We are understaffed and underpaid and she's unwilling to help. She says she appreciates us, but you know, actions speak louder than words to me and just telling me something doesn't make me believe you. I could go on and on about this, but that won't do me any good. I've really been thinking about finding a different job and I think it's time to stop thinking and get moving on that. So, if anyone is in need of a dependable, organized, and personable person for anything....give me a call! :)
Jake's job is keeping him very busy as well. Which is good because at least he has a reliable income and we know he'll have a solid position. I just wish I got to see him more than I do now! It just sort of stinks because we use to do so much stuff together, but now I'm on my own doing it. Which puts a little more stress on me (which is just WHAT I need). But, we'll get through it...we always do. I just hope we have a vacation sometime soon! That would be wonderful!!
Okay, I think that's all the stress and frustration I can fit in a 10 minute blog. Hope all is well with the rest of you out there!! And remember, I'm available for hire! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

would a commute to richmond be too much to ask? i would love to have you for a counterpart!
:)acc